It’s the time of year when making a tonne of sweet treats is totally acceptable so today I’m sharing a simple recipe for Christmas Funfetti Cookies perfect to leave for Father Christmas on Christmas Eve.
This recipe is really simple making it brilliant for getting children involved. Amelia loved mixing the cookie dough and tipping in all the fun sprinkles and chocolate.
The great thing about these Christmas Funfetti Cookies is that you can literally pop in anything you’ve got! We used some Christmassy sprinkles, red and green smarties and white chocolate to make them extra special!
Ingredients; (Makes 24 Cookies)
- 1 Cup Butter (225g)
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar (350g)
- 2 Eggs
- 3.5 Cups Plain Flour (400g)
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chunks
- 1 Cup of Sprinkles and Smarties
- Preheat your oven 170C/325F/Gas3
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing them well.
- Mix in the flour bringing the dough together.
- Add in all your chocolate chunks and half of three quarters of your sprinkles and smarties leaving the others to put on top.
- Spoon a ball of dough onto the baking sheet and gently press it down then add more sprinkles to the top.
- Once the baking trays are full, I did about 6 on each cooked those then did the other 12!
- Cook these in the oven for 10minutes and leave to cool.
The recipe is super easy to follow and you can be as creative as you like with your toppings and sprinkle choices.
It was so easy to measure all the ingredients out in cup sizes and they were great for Amelia to tip in herself. The measuring cups are the Mason Cash Bake My Day Measuring Cups Set from Nucasa who have an amazing selection of home-ware and home decor!
I’m so happy with how the cookies turned out, they are the perfect festive treat and I love that Amelia was able to get stuck in with them. This is the kind of recipe that doesn’t need to be perfect as they look fun and taste delicious!
There is a fab opportunity for you to win your own set of these lovely measuring cups! Just fill out the Rafflectoper below and comment on the blog post letting me know what you would bake with them!
Let me know if you give these Christmas Funfetti Cookies a try!
Thanks for reading!xx