Today is a little easy bake I’m going to share. These are a great lunch box treat or the perfect snack to go with your afternoon cuppa! These can be adapted to just be plain muffins with chocolate chips just without the cocoa powder or different types of chocolate for the chunks!
Me being the chocolate lover I am went for a chocolate muffin AND chocolate chips!!
The only reason mine came out mini were because I used smaller cases, these super cute ones from IKEA.
Ingredients: Recipe is for 12 large muffins, 24 mini muffins!
– 200g Caster Sugar
– 130g Plain Flour
– 50g Cocoa Powder
– 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
– 160ml Whole Milk
– Vanilla Extract to preferred taste
– 160g Butter (pinch of salt if using unsalted)
– 120g Chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven 170C/325F/Gas3
2. Mix the eggs and sugar together and beat until pale and well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
4. In another bowl, combine the milk and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually beat the two above mixtures into the egg mixture alternately. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
6. Stir in the melted butter, then stir in the chocolate until evenly dispersed.
7. Spoon the mixture into paper cases until 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 30minutes or until the sponge bounces back.
9. Leave the muffins to cool in the tray before placing onto a cooling rack.
The thing I really like about making muffins like this is that there’s no waiting around for them to cool to pipe on your icing or faff around with decorating. It’s easy to do and done within an hour.
They taste great and if you get it just right and enjoy one when they are warm the chocolate chunks will be just melting…
Thanks for reading!xx