I have such a great one to share with you all today. There is something about a Bundt cake that just makes it look so much more sophisticated than a normal shaped cake. I borrowed this bundt tin from a friend and finally got to make something. After the success of this cake I will definitely be investing in a bundt tin for myself!This is just a simple chocolate cake and chocolate glaze but it it looked so good and tasted AMAZING!
Ingredients- (Makes one 25cm(10in) Bundt Cake)
– 390g Butter
– 375g Caster Sugar
– 6 Eggs
– 250g Icing Sugar
– 305g Plain Flour
– 90g Cocoa Powder
– 1tsp Vanilla Extract
– 90g Icing Sugar
– 30g Cocoa Powder
– 4tbsp Warm Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas3 and grease the bundt tin with butter and set aside.
2. Using a free-standing electric whisk or hand-held electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time and gradually add the sifted icing sugar, mixing well.
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder and vanilla and mix until just combined.
5. Scrape the batter into the bundt tin and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 55-60minutes. Bare in mind the cake will not be done in the centre but the top will be dry and separated from the sides of the pan.
7. Remove from the oven and let it stand on a cooling rack for 1 hour.
8. If the cake moves away from the sides nicely then turn it out on the wire rack and leave to cool for another hour. If it is still really warm and doesn’t shift from the sides leave it to cool further.
9. Once cooled completely make the glaze.
10. To do this combine the ingredients in a small bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth.
11. Glaze with a sheet of greaseproof paper underneath and spoon the glaze over the cake.
12. Once the glaze has set transfer carefully to whatever your serving it on.
All I will say is make sure you leave it to cool enough before you turn it out the tin otherwise it will just fall apart and then you will be really sad!!
This cake turned out so light and just tasted amazing! I think if I did this again I would definitely use a little more glaze as it tasted so good.
Definitely one I will be doing again and one for you to try.
Thanks for reading!xx