I think I’ve mastered the cupcake and the brownie so my next mission is the cake and this week I tackled the Marble Cake and I’m pretty happy with the outcome.
So today I’m sharing with you all a chocolate and vanilla marble cake.
This is a super simple recipe and can be jazzed up with drizzles and melted chocolate over the top. I went for a chocolate drizzle but you could do a solid chocolate coating and incorporate white chocolate as well, which is definitely what I would do next time.
Ingredients- (Makes one 900g tin loaf cake)
-225g Caster Sugar
-275g Self-Raising Flour
-2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
-4 Large Eggs
-2 Tablespoons Milk
-2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
-2 Tablespoons Hot Water
– 90g Icing Sugar
– 30g Cocoa Powder
– 4tbsp Warm Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas3. Lightly grease a loaf tin.
2. Mix together the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until well blended.
3. Split the mixture into two bowls and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder and hot water together until smooth.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to one of the bowls of cake mixture and mix until thoroughly mixed.
6. Spoon the vanilla and chocolate mixtures randomly into the prepared tin until all the mixture is gone. You can use a knife to spread the mixture into a pattern if your feeling fancy!!
7. Bake for 50minutes to one hour until the cake is well risen, bounces back when touched and has started to separate from the side of the tin.
8. Leave it to cool in the tin for an hour occasionally running a knife around the edges of cake to make sure it is loosened from the tin.
9. Once cooled turn it out onto a wire cooling rack.
10. Make your icing in a small bowl then drizzle over the top of the cooled cake.
11. Leave to set and enjoy!
This is a super easy one and a great one to make for guests and friends over for a coffee! Definitely one I will be doing again and I’ll be experimenting with different toppings!
Thanks for reading!xx