Mealtimes come around far too quickly for my liking during the week. I’m always after meals that I can cook quickly, taste delicious and don’t cost a fortune. I’m going to share with you my recipe for homemade fish goujons and chips one to please the whole family!
This recipe serves 4.
- 4x Smoked Haddock Fillets
- 50g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- 3x Potatoes
- 3 Spoonfuls of Mayonnaise
- 1 Spoonful of Whole Grain Mustard
- Choice of Side – Peas/Salad
- 1 Lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas5/375F.
- First up is to get your chips going. Wash your potatoes and slice them into wedge shapes/chip shapes it doesn’t really matter. I quite like them in random shapes to be honest. Place them on a baking tray, drizzle over some rapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper. These will probably take about 30 minutes in the oven.
- Then your going to need to slice up your fish and remove the skin. This is actually fairly easy when it’s raw and should come off being pulled/with a knife. Then slice your fish into thin fingers.
- Get three bowls out; flour in one, 2 eggs whisked in the second and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Taking a piece of fish cover it in flour, then eggs and then breadcrumbs and repeat until all the fish goujons are coated. Set these aside for a few minutes.
- You can either bake your goujons or fry them whichever you prefer. I like to fry them and do so in rapeseed oil.
- Simply heat up a non stick pan with about an a cm deep of oil and start to add in your goujons. Turn them regularly and remove them onto a piece of kitchen roll to get rid off the excess oil. Once all your goujons are done you can pop them in the oven to keep them warm while you wait for the chips.
- Mix together your mayo and whole grain mustard and prep your side. I had a nice side salad but gave Amelia peas and sweetcorn!
- Serve up your crispy chips, delicious goujons and enjoy!
This is a delicious recipe that is lovely to make from scratch. ! Your ingredients for this won’t cost much either. I buy a box of breadcrumbs and find that they will do this meal 2/3 times. Also great for kids to get involved with coating the fish. A little more involved than your local chippy but tastes a lot nicer
Thanks for reading!xx