For Christmas Amelia got some Play-Doh and she loves it so I thought I would give it go and make some myself. It’s really easy to do, really quick and makes lots!
Thought I would share the recipe with you guys in case anyone wanted to try it:
The only cream of tartar I found was in sachets and one sachet seemed to do the job for each lot! I got a bit carried away and made 3 colours, but I love how bright they came out. (This recipe makes one ball shown above!)
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and stir until combined add choice of food colouring.
- Put over the heat and keep stirring until you feel the texture change.
- Take off the heat and keep stirring until one big lump attached to spoon.
- It will be quite sticky so you’ll need to work it with your hands until it isn’t.
- Store until cool for use – always keep air-tight so it doesn’t dry up!
There are lots of different ways of making playdough you can do it just by adding boiling water which might save on washing up! You can also use wholegrain flour for a different texture, glycerine to give it a shine, glitter for fun, or different scents and if you use self raising flour it makes it super stretchy!!
The only down-side is you don’t get the amazing smell of shop bought play-doh (or is that just me?!)
Hope this is useful and thanks for reading!xx