This year we are excited to be Bostik Bloggers; so each month we will be taking on a craft challenge. With February just getting underway it only seemed right for the first month to be Valentines. Amelia initially said she wanted to make fairies but we settled with these super cute love butterflies.
You Will Need;
- 1x A4 Coloured Card
- 4x Googly Eyes
- 1/2 a Pipe Cleaner
- 2x Heart Stickers
- Other Card Scraps
- Glue Dots
How to make Love Butterflies;
- Roll your A4 card into a tube and stick together with glue dots.
- Cut the tube in half so that you can make two butterflies.
- Cut out two heart shape wings and draw a little pattern on them both.
- Using glue dots secure the wings onto the tube.
- Stick on your googly eyes and draw on a nose and mouth.
- Cut your pipe cleaner in half and stick on a heart sticker at the top to make the butterflies antennae.
- Secure these on the inside of the tube using the glue dots.
- Using your extra card scraps stick on some decorative bits on the rest of the butterfly.
- Repeat again to make a second love butterfly friend!
To save time rolling card you could also use a toilet roll tube!
The finished Love Butterflies turn out so cute and Amelia loved sticking the bits on and seeing the finished product!
Let me know if you make these, they would be so sweet for Valentines! You can also try out these Cardboard Valentines Mice which are similar.
Thanks for reading!xx