I can’t believe I haven’t blogged in so long, feel a bit terrible really! But I have had a really busy summer and Amelia’s first birthday and numerous other rubbish excuses that don’t make the cut but I’m here now to catch you all up!
- So…Amelia is now 1!!! It was her first birthday on the 15th August so just over a month ago, it was such a lovely few days, we had a big family/friends garden party where I fully embraced the crazy party host and Amelia was thoroughly spoilt by everyone. Having a one year old hasn’t made too much difference as babies are constantly changing anyway but she definitely looks older.
- I go back to University in a couple of weeks (ahhhh) which is exciting/daunting. After having just a year out of learning I think it will be quite a shock to my system but I am excited to get back into the flow of things and get my degree!
- Whilst I’m at University Amelia will be going to nursery *cries*. I am pretty sad about that, but can’t exactly have her sat next to me whilst I’m in a lecture and it will be really good for her to be around other babies and people without me there. She is quite confident most of the time and happy to be without me so I’m sure she will get on fine. A huge bonus of the nursery she is going to is that it is on university site so if there ever was a problem I am only a few minutes away and that will probably be quite comforting knowing how close we are. The fact that we are both going to the same place should also make it a bit easier rather than having to drop her off somewhere then head off to Uni. I can simply drive there, drop her off, go to my lectures, pick her up and go home.
- Still have a crawler. Amelia is more than happy to pull up on things, cruise along the furniture, walk with her walker and push things along she just isn’t confident enough to gain her balance standing unaided. Think she knows that she’s a pretty speedy crawler and that’ll do for now.
- Currently Amelia has been super poorly with tonsillitis. Last week her temperature hit over 39degrees which was scary and she was so out of character she literally spent a day laying on the floor doing nothing, which is really unlike her. We ended up at the out of hours clinic at the hospital and found out she has tonsillitis. She’s been put on antibiotics for the first time ever! But they are seeming to work although getting her to take them is so difficult as she hates the taste and 1 year olds are stronger than you think when they don’t want to do something. Now all that we have left is a bit of a cough and snotty nose, bless her and a ruined sleep pattern. She was waking at around 10:30pm most nights at the end of last week to have medicine and a drink and now she thinks that’s what happens every night…not ideal but at least she is getting better. Its actually really horrible when your baby has a temperature and seeing them so out of sorts, so I am super pleased that she is on the up. Also for my sanity…we have pretty much spent a week in quarantine, house bound. I’ve not wanted to make her any worse or give it to any of her little friends so apart from the odd walk down to the park we pretty much haven’t left the house in 6 days.
Bar all the little things I think that is mostly all the interesting things I have to fill you in on! I’m thinking I will do a belated birthday party post so you can see the decorations and food we had and maybe do a post on Amelia’s Autumn/Winter wardrobe as she got given a lot of lovely bits and obviously I’ve been shopping and put up some pictures of some of our fun summer days out!
I promise I won’t leave it so long next time…here’s what we look like in case you forgot.
Thanks so much for reading!!xxx