Sharing my first recipe of 2016 with you today, Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins. Maybe a slightly healthier one as it contains some fruit but then it has chocolate chunks so probably not, but so yummy!!
It’s a really simple recipe with very few ingredients and there isn’t much space to go wrong with these snack time muffins.
Ingredients; (Makes 12 Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins)
- 300g Plain Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 225ml Milk
- 50g Butter
- 100g Raspberries
- 120g White Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas4
- Sift together the flour and baking powder then stir in the caster sugar.
- Melt your butter in the microwave.
- Measure out your milk and whisk in your egg and the melted butter in a separate jug/bowl.
- Pour whisked mixture into the dry ingredients and beat together until smooth!
- Chop your chocolate into chunks and chop some of your raspberries if they are particularly big.
- Fold in the raspberries and the white chocolate. I quite like the raspberries breaking up and giving the ripple effect so stirred them in a bit more but just fold them lightly if you want them to stay whole.
- Fill your muffin cases with the mixture. They will be more full than when you make cupcakes.
- Bake for 20-30minutes or until going golden brown on the top and a skewer comes out clean when pushed inside.
- Leave to cool and ENJOY!
I love how these muffins are nice and over sized and are the perfect treat or afternoon snack to share with Amelia. She’s become a bit of a pickle for just eating icing of the top of cupcakes so this way she actually eats the cake and some raspberries!
The combination of white chocolate and raspberries is one of my favourites they go so well together and just taste delicious. I’ve made white chocolate and raspberry cookies before which were also delicious but I think I prefer the raspberry and white chocolate muffin version!
Let me know if you give them a go!
Thanks for reading!xx