Sprinkles and hundreds and thousands are just one of those things that scream baking to me and Amelia is obsessed with sprinkles. Whenever we talk about baking Amelia’s first question is about putting sprinkles on it and then before it’s even time to decorate whatever we’ve made Amelia’s usually got the sprinkles in her hand and ready to cover everything in them! So with that being said we made these super easy Sprinkle Sandwich Biscuits; a real jazzed up milk and cookies recipe!
These biscuits are similar to the Vanilla filled Chocolate Biscuits I’ve previously shared a recipe for but are just plain biscuits full of sprinkles! They are so simple to make and a really great recipe for kids to get involved with from adding ingredients, mixing everything together and rolling out the balls of biscuit dough. They require minimal ingredients and look really nice when they are finished.
For the biscuits-
- 120g Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 190g Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- 130g Sprinkles
For the frosting filling-
- 80g Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Milk
- 70g Sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F/Gas4 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar either by hand or with a freestanding electric whisk until it is light and fluffy.
- Add your egg yolks one at a time and a few drops of vanilla extract and combine.
- Sift together your flour and baking powder then add slowly add this and combine them. If using mixer to it on a low speed.
- Stir in your sprinkles!!
- Measure out your dough to 15g, roll into balls and place on the baking sheets with a few centimetres in between each ball. -It may seem a bit tedious weighing the biscuit dough out it takes a little more time but it’s much easier if the biscuits are the same size when you come to put them together.
- Place in the oven for around 7-10 minutes and get them out just as they start to brown. They might feel slightly “underdone” but leave them for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack so they can firm up.
- To make your frosting filling I would recommend using a mixer as it makes it much quicker and super creamy. Combine your butter and icing sugar together, add in your vanilla and slowly add in your milk. Leave it to mix together until it’s nice and fluffy!
- To assemble your sprinkle sandwiches lay out your biscuits two by two so you know which ones are going to be sandwiched together and get a bowl with your remaining sprinkles in.
- Pipe onto the flat side of one of the biscuits with your frosting (be generous there’s enough frosting) then push together the other biscuit.
- Push the biscuits together slightly so the frosting can be seen on the sides then roll this in the sprinkles.
- Once all your biscuits are sandwiched together and dipped in sprinkles you are finished and you can try one!
So there we have the recipe for your Sprinkle Sandwich Biscuits which are so yummy and such a treat! The biscuit is just enough crunchy but still quite soft in the middle and with the frosting it’s a really good combination and it only requires basic ingredients.
They are really appealing for children being full of sprinkles and you could add food colouring to your frosting to make them even more colourful. These would be so good for a birthday party or to put together for friends or you could make the balls smaller to make them more bitesize. The recipe is just loads of fun to play around with and it’s simple but the bake looks effective and really inviting!
Amelia loved the biscuits and I’m pretty sure we will be making these again as she got so stuck in with the baking and the eating obviously.
Do let me know if you try out this bake as I love seeing you try out the recipes I post!
Thanks for reading!xx