Another baking recipe for you! Absolutely loving incorporating lots of nice things to make one delicious cake!
These are Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes; a base of strawberries soften the sponge and the cream cheese frosting with the digestives sprinkled on top make it taste as though you are eating strawberry cheesecake and not a cupcake.
They are so simple (thanks to the Hummingbird Bakery) and are perfect for the nice sunny weather we are getting. Light, fresh cupcakes and so tasty.
For the cakes you will need:
- 120g plain flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40g butter if unsalted add a pinch of salt
- 120ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 12 strawberries chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 170C /Gas3/325F and lay 12 cake cases onto a baking tray.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and butter either in a mixer or by hand.
3. Pour in the the milk and vanilla extract and mix together well.
4. Add the egg and beat well for a few minutes to ensure the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Add a spoonful of the chopped strawberries to the bottom of each cake case.
6. Spoon the cupcake mixture on top until around two thirds full.
7. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
For the decoration:
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 300g icing sugar
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125g cream cheese
1. Put the digestives into a freezer bag and break up until crumbs/blitz in a blender.
2. Beat the icing sugar and butter together either with a mixer or by hand until the mixture has come together.
3. Add all the cream cheese and beat until incorporated.
4. Do not overmix as it can become runny, pop into the fridge to thicken.
5. Once the cupcakes have cooled, decorate with the cream cheese frosting.
6. Sprinkle the broken digestives over the top.
Keep these cupcakes in the fridge!
Hope you enjoy!! xx